This is a follow-up article to changing a Mira Excel thermostatic cartridge.
On occasions, after replacing the thermostatic cartridge (451.71) in a Mira Excel mixer shower, the temperature range might not be quite to a user's liking. For instance, the hottest temperature might not be hot enough for them.
Fortunately, adjusting this limit is an easy process, as demonstrated in our latest video below.
Like our previous article, we're working on a current Mira Excel EV thermostatic mixer shower (2006 - current). (Older Excel models use a different process that isn't explained here.)
Built-in (recessed) valves should follow a similar procedure but may differ slightly. As always, you must follow all safety guidelines or consult a trained plumber.
From our video, general instructions are as follows:
- Remove the temperature control knob from the front of the shower.
- Turn the white hub all the way to the hot setting (fully to the left).
- Test the water from the shower to see if the maximum temperature has improved as desired.
- If not, loosen the hub by unscewing it via the centre screw.
- Pull the hub out off the splines slightly and turn 1/4 to the hot side (left).
- Reassemble all components.
- Test the water from the shower to see if the maximum temperature has improved as desired. By adjusting the hub's position the maximum temperature range of the shower should have noticeably increased.
The thermostatic cartridge used in the shower in the video is the Mira Excel thermostatic cartridge assembly (2003 - present) (451.71).
Visit our YouTube channel here for more guides and tutorials.